Halibut Steaks with Cilantro and Mint
- 1 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup packed fresh mint leaves
- 1 serrano chile pepper, seeded
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 (1-inch-thick) halibut steaks
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a food processor, and pulse until a smooth paste forms, stopping to scrape down sides. Set aside.
- Cut 4 (12- x 12-inch) pieces of heavy-duty aluminum foil. Place 1 halibut steak in center of each; spread each steak with 1 tablespoon cilantro mixture. Top steaks evenly with lemon slices. Fold foil to seal.
- Place foil packets on a baking sheet. Bake at 400º for 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve Saison-style beers from Belgium (such as Saison Dupont) or the similar French bière de garde style (such as Jenlain from Brasserie Duyck). Their earthy, herbal qualities marry nicely with the cilantro and mint.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes