My husband and I liked the flavors, but we both thought it would be better on a different bread than a hamburger roll. A hogie roll, maybe? Regardless, it was tasty, particularly the sauce!
Halibut Sandwiches with Tartar Sauce
The sandwich spread, inspired by traditional tartar sauce, is brightened with the addition of fresh shallots and briny capers.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 sandwich)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 378
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 12.3g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 5.9g
- Protein: 38.7g
- Carbohydrate: 26g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Cholesterol: 59mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 875mg
- Calcium: 144mg
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped capers
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 4 (6-ounce) halibut fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 4 (1 1/2-ounce) hamburger buns, toasted
- 2 halved romaine lettuce leaves
- 4 (1/4-inch-thick) slices tomato
- 1. Combine first 4 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring well.
- 2. Sprinkle fish fillets evenly with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Heat a large nonstick grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat the pan with cooking spray. Add fish fillets to the pan; sauté 4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness.
- 3. Spread 1 tablespoon mayonnaise mixture over the cut side of each bun half. Line bottom half of each bun with 1 romaine lettuce leaf half and 1 tomato slice. Top each serving with 1 fillet. Place top halves of buns on sandwiches.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches