So good! My salsa came out a little soupy but it was great. I didn't make this as a sandwich. So I eliminated the bread with the spread. Still a fantastic and healthy dish but also very filling. I will definitely make this again.
Halibut Sandwiches with Grilled Puttanesca Salsa
Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Fonda Shaia
- 4 (6-ounce) halibut fillets, rinsed and patted dry
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 slices Italian bread
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cups loosely packed arugula leaves, cleaned and dried
- Grilled Puttanesca Salsa
- Heat grill to medium-high. Lightly brush fish with olive oil, and season to taste with kosher salt and black pepper. Grill fish over direct heat until firm and opaque throughout, about 4 to 6 minutes per side. Fish should flake easily but remain moist. Brush bread lightly with olive oil, and grill until slightly toasted. Rub the cut side of garlic cloves over the bread.
- Combine mayonnaise and mustard. Spread mayonnaise mixture on 4 slices of bread. Top with arugula, fish fillets, Grilled Puttanesca Salsa, and remaining bread slices. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches