Halibut Salad Sandwiches
Sky Natoni discovered that halibut - baked, chilled, and shredded - made a good medium for her favorite chicken salad ingredients. She serves the mixture as a sandwich filling on honey whole-wheat rolls.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 459
- Calories from fat: 43%
- Protein: 31g
- Fat: 22g
- Saturated fat: 5.6g
- Carbohydrate: 36g
- Fiber: 4.8g
- Sodium: 442mg
- Cholesterol: 44mg
- 1 pound boned, skinned halibut or other firm, white-fleshed fish (3/4 to 1 in. thick)
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped canned pineapple in juice (reserve 2 tablespoons juice)
- 1/4 cup cup chopped cashews
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded dried coconut
- 1/4 cup minced green onions, white and pale green parts only
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 honey whole-wheat sandwich rolls (3 oz. each) or 8 slices whole-wheat sandwich bread
- 2 cups salad mix, rinsed and crisped
- 1. Rinse fish and pat dry. Sprinkle lightly all over with salt and pepper and place on a 12- by 15-inch baking sheet. Bake in a 350° regular or convection oven until opaque but still moist-looking in center of thickest part (cut to test), about 10 minutes. With a wide spatula, transfer fish to a bowl. Chill until cold, at least 1 hour; if desired, cover when cold and chill up to 1 day.
- 2. Shred fish with fork. Add pineapple and 2 tablespoons juice, cashews, coconut, green onions, and mayonnaise; mix well.
- 3. Mound halibut salad equally on bottoms of 4 sandwich rolls. Top with salad mix and roll tops.
- Nutritional analysis per sandwich.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This