- 1 pound boned, skinned halibut or other firm, white-fleshed fish (3/4 to 1 in. thick)
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped canned pineapple in juice (reserve 2 tablespoons juice)
- 1/4 cup cup chopped cashews
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded dried coconut
- 1/4 cup minced green onions, white and pale green parts only
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 honey whole-wheat sandwich rolls (3 oz. each) or 8 slices whole-wheat sandwich bread
- 2 cups salad mix, rinsed and crisped
- calories 459
- caloriesfromfat 43 %
- protein 31 g
- fat 22 g
- satfat 5.6 g
- carbohydrate 36 g
- fiber 4.8 g
- sodium 442 mg
- cholesterol 44 mg
How to Make It
Rinse fish and pat dry. Sprinkle lightly all over with salt and pepper and place on a 12- by 15-inch baking sheet. Bake in a 350° regular or convection oven until opaque but still moist-looking in center of thickest part (cut to test), about 10 minutes. With a wide spatula, transfer fish to a bowl. Chill until cold, at least 1 hour; if desired, cover when cold and chill up to 1 day.
Shred fish with fork. Add pineapple and 2 tablespoons juice, cashews, coconut, green onions, and mayonnaise; mix well.
Mound halibut salad equally on bottoms of 4 sandwich rolls. Top with salad mix and roll tops.
Nutritional analysis per sandwich.