- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced onion (about 1 medium)
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced fennel (about 1 small bulb)
- 3/4 cup chopped celery (about 3 stalks)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups chopped seeded tomato (about 3 medium)
- 4 (6-ounce) halibut fillets
- Cooking spray
- calories 302
- fat 8.1 g
- satfat 1.1 g
- protein 38.2 g
- carbohydrate 18.9 g
- cholesterol 54 mg
- iron 3.0 mg
- sodium 573 mg
- caloriesfromfat 24 %
- fiber 4.6 g
- calcium 151 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 400°.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion, fennel, celery, and garlic. Sauté 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add wine and next 5 ingredients. Bring to a boil; stir in tomato.
Place fish in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spoon tomato mixture over fish.
Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Place fillets on individual plates. Spoon tomato mixture evenly over each serving.