Halibut Pot Roast
- 1 pound small red or fingerling potatoes, washed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 pounds halibut fillets (3/4 to 1 inch thick)*
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 sprigs fresh tarragon
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 1. Bring 4 cups water to a boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add potatoes, and cook 15 minutes. (Potatoes will not be fully cooked.) Drain and set aside.
- 2. Preheat oven to 325°. Heat oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add onion, and sauté 3 to 4 minutes or until soft and slightly brown. Add garlic and tomato, and sauté 2 minutes more.
- 3. Place fish in pan, and add reserved parboiled potatoes, thyme, and next 4 ingredients. Bake, covered, at 325° for 22 to 25 minutes or until fish flakes easily. Remove from oven, add butter, re-cover, and let stand 3 minutes or until butter melts. Serve warm.
- *Substitute other thick white fish, such as haddock,if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes