made this last night...great! used salmon seasoned with a combo called "miracle blend" which is made in a small resort town in northern michigan. otherwise, followed recipe exactly. first time using israeli couscous and will be using a lot more. agree with those who said that the couscous needed to be doubled. may try with capers next time.
Halibut with Olive and Bell Pepper Couscous
Briny kalamata olives add a salty punch to Halibut with Olive and Bell Pepper Couscous. This one-dish dinner will be a weeknight favorite especially since it's table-ready in 30 minutes. Sustainable Choice: Look for Pacific halibut.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 308
- Fat: 6.7g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 35.2g
- Carbohydrate: 25.2g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Cholesterol: 83mg
- Iron: 0.5mg
- Sodium: 557mg
- Calcium: 36mg
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup uncooked Israeli couscous
- 3/4 cup fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons kalamata olives, pitted and quartered
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless halibut fillets
- 4 teaspoons torn fresh oregano
- 2 lemons, cut into 1/8-inch-thick slices
- 1. Preheat broiler to high.
- 2. Heat a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add bell pepper and garlic; cook 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Add couscous; cook 1 minute or until lightly browned. Add broth; bring to a boil. Cover and simmer 7 minutes or until liquid evaporates. Stir in olives, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
- 3. Sprinkle halibut evenly with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add remaining 1 teaspoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add fillets to pan; cook 3 minutes. Remove pan from heat; turn fillets over. Arrange torn oregano and lemon slices evenly over fillets. Place pan in oven. Broil 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Serve fish with couscous.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This