I made this as a full meal. It was good but nothing special. We bought the halibut at Bristol Farms for $32.99/lb and I slightly overcooked it:-( For 2 of us, I made the full recipe of couscous (whole wheat Israeli) with 1 chopped red pepper and I halved the fish ingredients. Very simple prep.
Halibut with Olive and Bell Pepper Couscous
Briny kalamata olives add a salty punch to Halibut with Olive and Bell Pepper Couscous. This one-dish dinner will be a weeknight favorite especially since it's table-ready in 30 minutes. Sustainable Choice: Look for Pacific halibut.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 308
- Fat: 6.7g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 35.2g
- Carbohydrate: 25.2g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Cholesterol: 83mg
- Iron: 0.5mg
- Sodium: 557mg
- Calcium: 36mg
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup uncooked Israeli couscous
- 3/4 cup fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons kalamata olives, pitted and quartered
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless halibut fillets
- 4 teaspoons torn fresh oregano
- 2 lemons, cut into 1/8-inch-thick slices
- 1. Preheat broiler to high.
- 2. Heat a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add bell pepper and garlic; cook 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Add couscous; cook 1 minute or until lightly browned. Add broth; bring to a boil. Cover and simmer 7 minutes or until liquid evaporates. Stir in olives, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
- 3. Sprinkle halibut evenly with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add remaining 1 teaspoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add fillets to pan; cook 3 minutes. Remove pan from heat; turn fillets over. Arrange torn oregano and lemon slices evenly over fillets. Place pan in oven. Broil 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Serve fish with couscous.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This