- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons lime zest, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 (8-ounce) package fresh cranberries
- 8 (6-ounce) halibut fillets
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
How to Make It
Combine sugar, 1 teaspoon lime zest, lime juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt, cranberries, and 1/2 cup water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring frequently, 10 minutes or until slightly thickened. Keep warm.
Sprinkle fish with pepper and remaining 1 teaspoon salt. Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 4 fillets to pan; cook, spooning butter in skillet over fillets, 5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes when tested with a fork. Remove from skillet. Repeat with remaining 3 tablespoons butter and remaining 4 fillets. Sprinkle halibut with remaining 1 teaspoon lime zest, and serve with cranberry chutney.