Halibut, Clams, and Pancetta with Escarole
Photo: Jeffery Cross; Styling: Randy Mon
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 493
- Calories from fat: 65%
- Protein: 35g
- Fat: 36g
- Saturated fat: 10g
- Carbohydrate: 7.6g
- Fiber: 4.5g
- Sodium: 990mg
- Cholesterol: 130mg
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 6 thin slices lemon
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 10 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 bunch escarole, leaves separated
- 16 small clams in the shell
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces thinly sliced pancetta
- 4 halibut fillets (1 lb. total)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1. Bring broth, lemon, garlic, thyme, bay leaf, and 1/2 tsp. pepper to a boil in a large pot. Reduce heat and add escarole and clams. Cover pot; simmer until clams open, about 15 minutes.
- 2. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add pancetta and cook until crisp, about 4 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer pancetta to a paper towel.
- 3. Sprinkle fish with salt and remaining 1/2 tsp. pepper. Lay fish in pan and cook over medium heat until bottom edge looks browned, 3 to 5 minutes. Add butter, then turn fish over and cook until opaque in center, about 3 minutes.
- 4. Spoon escarole and clams into 4 serving bowls, pouring in just enough broth to cover. Top each with a fish fillet, a few pieces of fried pancetta, and a few parsley leaves.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes