Amazing recipe for so few ingredients, and so easy! It was one of my all-time favorites. How can so much flavor be packed into one dish?! I used tilapia, also. Wonderful!
Halibut with Bacony Corn Sauté
Be sure to buy fresh, never-frozen fish, summer corn on the cob and in the husks, and your favorite bacon. Applewood-smoked bacon is more subtle than hickory or mesquite and won't clobber all of the other ingredients. Just a spritz of fresh lime juice brings the flavors into perfect balance.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 20 Minutes
- Calories: 309
- Fat: 11.4g
- Saturated fat: 4.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 34.9g
- Carbohydrate: 17.8g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Cholesterol: 96mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 343mg
- Calcium: 32mg
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless halibut fillets
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 center-cut applewood-smoked bacon slice
- 2 1/4 cups fresh corn kernels (about 4 ears)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup (1-inch) sliced green onions
- 4 lime wedges
- 1. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Sprinkle fish evenly with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add fish to pan; sauté 4 minutes on each side or until golden and cooked to desired degree of doneness. Remove fish from pan; keep warm.
- 2. Reduce heat to medium. Add bacon to pan; cook 4 minutes or until crisp. Remove bacon from pan; crumble. Add corn to drippings in pan; cook 3 minutes or until beginning to brown, stirring occasionally. Stir in butter; cook 1 minute or until butter melts. Stir in crumbled bacon and green onions. Serve with lime wedges.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note