This. Was. DELICIOUS! I don't like traditional gyros so I was cautiously hopeful about the recipe but I was pleasantly surprised! It really is just a twist on a burger so don't expect a traditional gyro, but for what it was, it was great. We did the ground beef with a little extra of the seasoning (which I found pretty easily at my local chain grocery store), then served on pita bread with lettuce, thinly sliced red onion, cucumber, tomato, tahini salad dressing (from the grocery store as well), black olives, and crumbled feta cheese. Like I said, amazing!!
Gyro Burgers with Tahini Sauce
More From Southern Living
- 1 pound extra-lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon Greek seasoning
- 4 pita rounds
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 8 large tomato slices
- 4 thin red onion slices
- Tahini Sauce
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- Combine beef and seasoning. Shape into 4 patties.
- Grill, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until beef is no longer pink.
- Cut off 2 inches of bread from 1 side of each pita round, forming a pocket. Line each with 1 lettuce leaf, 2 tomato slices, and 1 red onion slice. Add burger. Drizzle each with 2 tablespoons Tahini Sauce, and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches