My family liked these. To make them more like traditional gyros, I served them with a cucumber dill sauce: sour cream, cucumber (grated in a food processor, then drained of excess liquid), salt, pepper, garlic, dill, and a little prepared mustard. We'll make this again. It was a nice change from regular burgers.
Gyro Burgers with Tahini Sauce
You can find tahini paste on the imported food aisle of large supermarkets or in Mediterranean markets.
More From Southern Living
- 1 pound extra-lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon Greek seasoning
- 4 pita rounds
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 8 large tomato slices
- 4 thin red onion slices
- Tahini Sauce
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- Combine beef and seasoning. Shape into 4 patties.
- Grill, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until beef is no longer pink.
- Cut off 2 inches of bread from 1 side of each pita round, forming a pocket. Line each with 1 lettuce leaf, 2 tomato slices, and 1 red onion slice. Add burger. Drizzle each with 2 tablespoons Tahini Sauce, and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note