1. Preheat oven to 375°. Prepare pasta according to package directions for al dente, adding salt to water.
2. Meanwhile, cut sausage lengthwise into quarters. Cut each quarter into 1/4-inch-thick pieces.
3. Sauté sausage in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat 3 minutes or until browned around edges; drain on paper towels.
4. Bring cream to a simmer in Dutch oven over medium-high heat; reduce heat to low, and stir in cheese product. Cook, stirring constantly, until cheese is melted. Stir in sausage and remaining cheeses; cook, stirring constantly, until cheeses are melted. Remove from heat; stir in hot cooked pasta.
5. Pour mixture into a buttered 3-qt. baking dish or 12 (8-oz.) ramekins; top with potato chips. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until bubbly and browned. Remove from oven, and let stand 5 minutes.
Note: We tested with Velveeta.
*Lightly salted potato chips may be substituted.
Recipe adapted from Fire In My Belly.