Photo: Lee Harrelson; Styling: Jan Gautro
- 2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs, separated
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup assorted miniature, colored gumdrops, chopped
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- Combine brown sugar and egg yolks in a large mixing bowl; beat until well blended. Sift together flour, salt, and cinnamon in a small mixing bowl. Gradually add two-thirds of flour mixture to creamed mixture alternately with water, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Stir well after each addition. Add chopped gumdrops and pecans to remaining flour mixture; stir to coat well, and set aside.
- Beat egg whites (at room temperature) in a small mixing bowl until stiff peaks form. Fold into batter alternately with reserved gumdrop mixture.
- Spread mixture evenly in a greased 15- x 10- x 1-inch jellyroll pan. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Set aside to cool in pan.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a small mixing bowl; beat until well blended. Spread evenly over cookies in pan. Allow glaze to set before cutting into 3- x 1-inch bars.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note