Very good recipe....flavorful & easy to prepare!
Gumbo Gravy over Stone-ground Grits
Photo: Melina Hammer; Styling: Lydia Degaris Pursell
More From Southern Living
Total: 4 Hours, 5 Minutes
- 1 pound large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 6 ounces andouille sausage, diced
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup diced sweet onion
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons Browned Flour
- 1 cup reduced-sodium, fat-free chicken broth
- 1 cup sliced fresh okra
- 2 large plum tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and diced
- Slow-Cooker Stone-ground Grits
- Garnish: sliced green onions
- 1. Toss shrimp in Cajun seasoning in a medium bowl.
- 2. Cook sausage in a large skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Add oil, onion, and next 2 ingredients; sauté 3 minutes or until tender. Sprinkle Browned Flour over sausage mixture; stir until blended. Stir in chicken broth, and increase heat to medium-high. Bring to a boil, stirring often, and boil, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes or until thickened. Add shrimp, okra, and tomatoes. Cook 5 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Serve over grits.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This