Guiness Ice Cream in Pretzel Cups
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- Pretzel Cups
- 1/2 cup(s) warm water
- 1 tablespoon(s) active dry yeast
- 2 cup(s) flower
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter, melted
- salt and butter to top
- Ice Cream
- 2 cup(s) whole milk
- 2 cup(s) heavy cream
- 2 bottle(s) guiness stout beer
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 1 quart(s) dried milk
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) guar gum
- pinch of salt
- Mix the warm water with the yeast and allow to sit about 10 minutes until foamy. Stir in the rest of the ingredients and then knead with your hands for about 10 minutes until smooth. Cover and let rise for an hour. Roll out the dough thin and cut out rounds. Meanwhile, bring a pot of water to a boil with 1/4 cup of baking soda. Dip your rounds into the boiling water for about 30 seconds each. Brush with additional melted butter and top with pretzel salt. Turn a mini muffin tin upside down and press the buttered side of the pretzel round onto one of the muffin spots. Continue with the rest of the rounds. Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes until browned and crisp.
- To make the ice cream-
- Pour the bottles of beer into a sauce pot and turn on low heat. You want this steamy, but not even really boiling. Allow this to reduce for about 2 hours from 3 cups to about 1/4 cup. If you bring the heat up too much, it will become bitter.
- Mix the milk, cream, sugar, salt, and guinness in a sauce pot. Bring to a steam, but again try not to boil it. Remove from heat. Whisk in the milk powder, guar gum, and vanilla. Allow to cool completely, before freezing it in your ice cream machine according to the manufacturers instructions.
- To serve, scoop some ice cream into the pretzel bowl and top with some chocolate sauce and a little more pretzel salt.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Vixxenesque and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Guiness Ice Cream in Pretzel Cups Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts