My family loved these cookies - sort of like a Ranger Cookie. I don't care for raisins so, I used dried cranberries - WONDERFUL!
These crispy oatmeal cookies may keep everyone guessing about the ingredients. The crispiness comes from toasted rice cereal instead of nuts and the sweetness comes from brown sugar and raisins.
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups oven-toasted rice cereal
- 2 cups regular oats, uncooked
- 1 cup raisins
- Cream shortening in a large mixing bowl; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs, beating well.
- Combine flour, baking powder, soda, and salt in a medium mixing bowl; add to creamed mixture, stirring well. Stir in remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Shape into 1-inch balls; place 2 inches apart on greased cookie sheets. Bake at 350° for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from cookie sheets, and cool on wire racks.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note