Made a half batch. A light, sweet oatmeal cookie. When using raisins it helps to toss them with 1-2T of flour to break up the sticky clusters. I chose to roll the dough balls in cinnamon sugar since I prefer cinnamon in my oatmeal cookies. Cranberries or no fruit would work fine. Or add some white, butterscotch or cinnamon chips. Experimenting is the fun part of cooking.
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups oven-toasted rice cereal
- 2 cups regular oats, uncooked
- 1 cup raisins
- Cream shortening in a large mixing bowl; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs, beating well.
- Combine flour, baking powder, soda, and salt in a medium mixing bowl; add to creamed mixture, stirring well. Stir in remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Shape into 1-inch balls; place 2 inches apart on greased cookie sheets. Bake at 350° for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from cookie sheets, and cool on wire racks.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Cookies