Guacamole with Charred Jalapeńo and Scallions
Photo: © Lucy Schaeffer
F&W's Grace Parisi invented this smoky guacamole.
Yield: 2 cups
- 3 medium scallions, white and tender green parts only
- 2 medium garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 1 jalapeńo, seeded and quartered lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 Hass avocados, halved and pitted
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat a grill pan. In a small bowl, toss the scallions, garlic and jalapeńo with the vegetable oil. Grill over moderately high heat, turning occasionally, until charred all over, 5 to 6 minutes. Transfer to a work surface and let cool.
- Finely chop the scallions and jalapeńo and transfer to a medium bowl. Peel the garlic cloves, mash them to a paste and add them to the bowl. Scoop the avocado flesh into the bowl and coarsely mash with a fork. Fold the cilantro and lime juice into the guacamole, season with salt and pepper and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers