Guacamole with Charred Jalapeńo and Scallions
Photo: © Lucy Schaeffer
F&W's Grace Parisi invented this smoky guacamole.
Yield: 2 cups
- 3 medium scallions, white and tender green parts only
- 2 medium garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 1 jalapeńo, seeded and quartered lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 Hass avocados, halved and pitted
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat a grill pan. In a small bowl, toss the scallions, garlic and jalapeńo with the vegetable oil. Grill over moderately high heat, turning occasionally, until charred all over, 5 to 6 minutes. Transfer to a work surface and let cool.
- Finely chop the scallions and jalapeńo and transfer to a medium bowl. Peel the garlic cloves, mash them to a paste and add them to the bowl. Scoop the avocado flesh into the bowl and coarsely mash with a fork. Fold the cilantro and lime juice into the guacamole, season with salt and pepper and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note