Guacamole-Topped Ham Po'Boys
More From Southern Living
- 2 medium-size avocados, halved
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes and green chiles
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 garlic glove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Cajun-style mustard
- 6 French rolls, split
- 2 pounds deli-sliced ham
- 12 Monterey Jack cheese slices
- Shredded lettuce
- 2 medium-size tomatoes, sliced
- Scoop avocado pulp into bowl; mash with a fork or potato masher just until chunky. Stir in diced tomatoes and green chiles and next 6 ingredients. Set guacamole aside.
- Spread mayonnaise and mustard evenly over cut sides of rolls; layer each half evenly with ham and cheese. Place on a baking sheet.
- Broil 2 inches from heat 1 minute or until cheese melts.
- Top evenly with lettuce, tomato slices, and guacamole.
- Note: 1 cup prepared guacamole can be substituted for avocado mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches