Guacamole - the Hoosier version of Avocado Dip
Community Recipe from
- 2 large avocados pulp removed, mashed
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1 small garlic clove finely minced
- 1 small tomato, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon(s) mayonnaise or sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) chili powder
- pinch of cayenne pepper powder optional
- 1 tablespoon(s) salsa optional
- Cut avocados in half, wkach the seed with q knife to lodge it in the seed, give it a half turn and pull up to remove the seed. Put it aside. Scoop the pulp out with a large serving spoon and mash with fork, leaving a few large chunks, in a glass or ceramic dish. Do the other avocados the same way. Drizzle the pulp with lemon juice and stir gently to mix. Finely minced the garlic clove (you can use a press, bu it will present stronger taste). Add garlic, mayonnaise or sour cream, cumin and chili powder. Genly stir to mix. Salt and pepper to taste. you can add hot salsa or red pepper if you want some heat in it. When mixed and seasoned to taste, place the avocado pit back in the bowl. It will help keep the dip greeen. Serve surrounded by corn chips or in burritos or tacos.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Linwaite and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Guacamole - the Hoosier version of Avocado Dip Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers