Guacamole on the Half Shell
Notes: Eligio Hernández of Mountain View, California, often ate this make-it-yourself guacamole for a casual lunch or snack in Mexico, where he grew up. Its simple presentation also makes it a stunning first course for a meal.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 254
- Calories from fat: 50%
- Protein: 4.6g
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated fat: 2.2g
- Carbohydrate: 32g
- Fiber: 4.3g
- Sodium: 194mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1 firm-ripe avocado (1/2 lb.)
- 2 tablespoons tomato salsa or 1/2 to 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 lime (2 oz.), rinsed and cut in half
- 4 to 6 warm corn tortillas (6 in.) or 2 to 3 cups (2 to 3 oz.) tortilla chips
- 1. Cut avocado in half lengthwise; remove pit. Set each half, cut side up, on a salad plate. Spoon 1 tablespoon salsa into each cavity. Set lime halves and tortillas alongside.
- 2. To eat, squeeze lime halves over avocado and sprinkle with salt to taste. With a fork or a spoon, mash avocado slightly with salsa in peel, then spoon mixture onto tortillas.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note