This is a mild version—for serious spice, add more jalapeño or consider adding the seeds, where most of the heat is stored. To keep the color bright green, place an avocado pit on top or cover tightly with plastic wrap and chill; remove just before serving, and garnish, if desired. Prep: 15 minutes.
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon minced seeded jalapeño pepper
- 3 avocados, halved and pitted
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Garnish: fresh cilantro
- Place first 3 ingredients in a medium nonreactive bowl. Cut avocado flesh, and spoon into onion mixture. Add lime juice, and mash with a potato masher or fork until smooth. Add salt and pepper. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This
People En Español