Not only was this easy to make, it tasts OMG amazing!! I did add more lime juice and some freshly chopped cilantro. Made it a few times and it's always a hit! (Cilantro Guacamole)
While storing in the refrigerator, keep your guacamole from changing color by placing a layer of plastic wrap directly on the surface of the mixture.
More From Southern Living
Stand: 30 Minutes
- 5 ripe avocados
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 medium jalapeÃ±o pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Tortilla chips
- 1. Cut avocados in half. Scoop pulp into a bowl, and mash with a potato masher or fork until slightly chunky. Stir in chopped red onion and next 4 ingredients. Cover with plastic wrap, allowing wrap to touch mixture, and let stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Serve guacamole with tortilla chips.
- Cilantro Guacamole: Mash avocado, and stir in ingredients as directed. Stir in 3 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro and an additional 1 Tbsp. lime juice. Cover mixture, and let stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note