The ingredients are more appropriate for TWO avocados vs. the five in the recipe. It's easy to make, as written, but needs more flavor. I also added a little fresh cilantro.
Photo: Ralph Anderson; Styling: Lisa Powell Bailey
More From Southern Living
Stand: 30 Minutes
- 5 ripe avocados
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 medium jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Tortilla chips
- 1. Cut avocados in half. Scoop pulp into a bowl, and mash with a potato masher or fork until slightly chunky. Stir in chopped red onion and next 4 ingredients. Cover with plastic wrap, allowing wrap to touch mixture, and let stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Serve guacamole with tortilla chips.
- Cilantro Guacamole: Mash avocado, and stir in ingredients as directed. Stir in 3 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro and an additional 1 Tbsp. lime juice. Cover mixture, and let stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This
People En Español