More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 191
- Calories from fat: 47%
- Protein: 11g
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated fat: 5.5g
- Carbohydrate: 14g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Sodium: 260mg
- Cholesterol: 31mg
- 1 loaf (1 lb.; about 4 1/2 in. wide) French bread
- 1/2 pound Gruyère cheese
- Trim ends from French bread. Cut crosswise into 16 equal slices. Arrange slices in a single layer on a 14- by 17-inch baking sheet.
- Bake in a 350° oven until lightly browned, about 25 minutes. Let cool to room temperature, about 10 minutes. Put 1/2 the slices in each of 2 plastic freezer bags (1-gal. size). Seal bags and freeze (see Cold Facts below).
- To serve 4, remove frozen toasts from 1 bag and lay in a 10- by 15-inch pan. Cut cheese into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Cover toasts evenly with cheese.
- Bake in a 400° oven until cheese melts, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cold Facts. Packaging: freezer bags. Squeeze out all air and seal bag. For better protection of frozen foods during storage, seal each bag inside a second one. Lay bags flat in freezer until solid so they will stack.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per crouton.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This