Looking for something different for leftover turkey, subbed the turkey for the chicken. Since husband not a fan of gruyere, used white cheddar. To cut down on some of the fat, used 1% milk and the sauce was very good. Glass of wine and a salad for a complete meal.
Gruyère Chicken Divan
Yield: 8 servings.
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 438
- Calories from fat: 58%
- Fat: 28.1g
- Saturated fat: 11.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 32.8g
- Carbohydrate: 13.4g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 98mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 572mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup margarine, melted and divided
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1 cup canned ready-to-serve chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Gruye@Sre cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 4 cups chopped cooked broccoli
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken breast (skinned before cooking and cooked without salt)
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup fine, dry breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- Saute shallots and garlic in 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons margarine in a saucepan over medium-high heat until tender. Add flour, stirring until smooth. Cook 1 minute over medium heat, stirring constantly. Gradually add half-and-half and chicken broth; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat; add Gruyère cheese, salt, and pepper, stirring until cheese melts.
- Spread 1/2 cup cheese sauce in a greased 11- x 7- x 1 1/2-inch baking dish. Add broccoli and 1 1/2 cups cheese sauce. Top with chicken and remaining cheese sauce.
- Combine Parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, paprika, and remaining 2 tablespoons margarine; stir well. Sprinkle evenly over top of casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Casseroles