Gruyère Scalloped Potatoes
Gently stirring twice while baking promotes even cooking and creaminess to this dish. Pull out of the oven, stir once more, then sprinkle with cheese, and continue baking without stirring for a casserole that's golden brown on top.
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour, 15 Minutes
- 2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 cups whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup finely shredded Gruyère cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Layer potatoes in a 13- x 9-inch or 3-qt. baking dish.
- 2. Stir together cream and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Stir Italian seasoning into cream mixture. Pour cream mixture over potatoes.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 30 minutes, stirring gently every 10 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 15 to 20 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Let stand on a wire rack 10 minutes before serving.
- Note: We tested with McCormick Italian Herb Seasoning Grinder.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This