- Cooking spray
- 1 cup vertically sliced red onion
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat sharp white cheddar cheese (such as Cracker Barrel)
- 8 (1 1/2-ounce) slices hearty white bread (such as Pepperidge Farm)
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 8 (1/4-inch-thick) slices tomato
- 6 slices center-cut bacon, cooked
- calories 376
- fat 11 g
- satfat 5.3 g
- monofat 4.8 g
- polyfat 0.6 g
- protein 20.2 g
- carbohydrate 50.3 g
- fiber 3.3 g
- cholesterol 24 mg
- iron 2.9 mg
- sodium 876 mg
- calcium 308 mg
How to Make It
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add 1 cup onion and garlic; cook for 10 minutes or until tender and golden brown, stirring occasionally.
Sprinkle 2 tablespoons cheese over each of 4 bread slices. Top each slice with 1/2 cup spinach, 2 tomato slices, 2 tablespoons onion mixture, and 1 1/2 bacon slices. Sprinkle each with 2 tablespoons cheese; top with the remaining 4 bread slices.
Heat skillet over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Place sandwiches in pan, and cook for 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cheese melts.