Grown-Up Frozen Lemonade
Try another citrus in this recipe, such as fresh lime zest and juice, or even lime- or citrus-flavored vodka. (You may need a little extra sugar, because it isn't naturally as sweet as limoncello liqueur.)
More From Coastal Living
Cool: 30 Minutes
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 3 cups ice cubes
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup limoncello liqueur (optional)
- Garnish: lemon slices
- 1. Combine sugar and 1/2 cup water in a small saucepan, and cook over medium heat, stirring often, 3 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Remove pan from heat; stir in lemon zest. Let cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes.
- 2. Strain mixture through a fine wire-mesh sieve into a blender, pressing solids with a wooden spoon to extract liquid. Discard solids.
- 3. Add ice cubes, lemon juice, and limoncello, if desired, to blender and process until smooth and slushy. Garnish, if desired. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note