- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium-size green pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1 bay leaf, crushed
- 1 (2-pound) grouper fillet
- 1/4 cup fine, dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- Hot cooked rice
How to Make It
Sauté onion, green pepper, and garlic in olive oil in a large skillet; add tomatoes, tomato sauce, lime juice, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, oregano, and bay leaf, stirring well. Simmer, uncovered, 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Place fish in a lightly greased 13- x 9- x 2-inch baking dish, and cover with tomato mixture. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes; remove from oven.
Sprinkle with breadcrumbs, and dot with butter; bake an additional 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Serve immediately over rice.