My family loves this recipe including my son, who doesn't normally like fish at all. I prepare it exactly as written. Delicious.
Randy Mayor; Melanie J. Clarke
Serve this dish over hot cooked rice to capture every bit of the flavorful sauce.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 grouper fillet and 1/2 cup sauce)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 258
- Calories from fat: 24%
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated fat: 0.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 35g
- Carbohydrate: 13.7g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Cholesterol: 63mg
- Iron: 2.3mg
- Sodium: 663mg
- Calcium: 87mg
- 4 (6-ounce) grouper fillets (3/4 inch thick)
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped pitted green olives
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Place fish in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; saute 3 minutes. Add cumin and garlic; saute 1 1/2 minutes. Add water and remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 3 minutes or until slightly thick. Pour tomato mixture over fish.
- Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note