Grouper Tacos with Mango Salsa
Before assembling the tacos, toss 2 or 3 tablespoons of the juices that settle from the salsa with the angel hair slaw to moisten the slaw and distribute the flavors. For ease of preparation, 1 (24- ounce) jar of sliced mango will give you the 1 1/2 cups needed for the salsa.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 228
- Fat: 2.4g
- Saturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 24.7g
- Carbohydrate: 29.1g
- Cholesterol: 42mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 270mg
- Calories from fat: 9%
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Calcium: 66mg
- 4 (6-ounce) grouper fillets (about 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 inches thick)
- 6 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 1/2 cups diced peeled mango
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 1/2 tablespoons minced seeded jalapeño pepper (about 1 large)
- Cooking spray
- 12 (5 1/2-inch) corn tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups angel hair slaw
- Prepare grill.
- Place fish in a shallow baking dish; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons lime juice and 2 minced garlic cloves. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon cumin, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Set aside.
- Combine diced mango, next 4 ingredients, remaining 1/4 cup lime juice, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon each of cumin, salt, and black pepper in a large bowl; toss well, and set aside.
- Place fish on grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill 7 to 8 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Flake fish into bite-sized pieces with fork.
- Warm tortillas according to package directions.
- Top each tortilla with about 1/4 cup fish, 2 tablespoons mango salsa, and 2 tablespoons slaw.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note