- 1 1/4 pounds grouper fillets (or any firm white fish)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups saltine cracker crumbs (about 30 saltine crackers)
- Tropical Tartar Sauce
- Cut fish into 3-by-1/2-inch strips.
- Combine flour, salt, and pepper. Dredge fish in flour mixture, shaking off excess. Dip in egg, and roll in cracker crumbs, shaking off excess crumbs. Place on a baking sheet. Cover and chill at least 1 hour.
- Pour oil to depth of 2 inches into a Dutch oven. Heat to 375°. Fry fish fingers in hot oil 2 minutes or until golden. Drain on paper towels. Serve immediately with Tropical Tartar Sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Grouper Fingers Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This