Add more spices to the hamburger meat and when you add the creamer use a half of a pint and sift one table spoon of all purpose flour and it makes a beautiful gravy to put over mash potatoes. My five year old and husband love it.
Ground Sirloin with Mushroom Cream Sauce
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 420
- Fat: 27g
- Saturated fat: 11g
- Protein: 39g
- Carbohydrate: 5g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 145mg
- Sodium: 012mg
- 1 1/2 pounds ground sirloin
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 10 ounces mushrooms, sliced (4 cups)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Mix sirloin, salt and pepper well. Form 4 patties about 4 inches wide.
- Warm oil in a large skillet over mediumhigh heat. Cook patties until browned, 5 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate; cover with foil.
- Pour off all but 1 Tbsp. fat from skillet. Add onion and cook, stirring, until softened, 2 minutes. Add mushrooms; continue cooking, stirring, until mushrooms have given off their liquid and are soft, 10 minutes. Stir in cream and cook until slightly thickened, 2 minutes. Stir in parsley; return patties to skillet. Turn a few times over low heat until patties are coated in sauce and warmed through, 3 minutes. Spoon mushrooms on top and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note