Ground Pecan Torte
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3 cups pecan meal
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1/3 cup cake flour
- Cream Cheese Filling
- 1/2 cup raspberry preserves
- Beat butter and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition; add in pecan meal and lemon rind, and beat at low speed until blended.
- Add flour, and beat at low speed just until blended. Spread into 2 buttered and floured 9-inch round cakepans.
- Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 5 minutes; remove from pans, and cool for 30 minutes.
- Spread half of Cream Cheese Filling on top of 1 cake layer; top evenly with half of raspberry preserves. Top with remaining cake layer; repeat procedure with remaining Cream Cheese Filling and preserves.
- Note: Commercially ground pecans have a very fine texture and are often sold as pecan meal. We found this to be more economical than grinding whole or halved pecans. To make your own pecan meal, place 2 1/2 cups pecan halves in a food processor, and pulse about 45 seconds or until pecans are finely ground.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note