These are really good with a few additions. I think the recipe itself is missing something. I added more soy (and definitely use low sodium; the first time I used regular and it was way too salty). I also added some of the sweet chili sauce to the ground chicken, plus more sesame oil, garlic powder, carrots and cayenne. With those additions, yum!
Ground Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Save money and grind your own chicken for these Asian-style lettuce wraps filled with a flavorful mixture of ground chicken, hoisin sauce, lime juice, fresh ginger and sweet chili sauce.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
- KITCHENAID Electric Stand Mixer
- KITCHENAID Food Grinder Attachment
- 1 pound skinned and boned chicken breasts, cut into long, narrow strips
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 4 teaspoons lite soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 4 teaspoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 1 (1-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 1/3 cup sweet chili sauce*
- 8 large iceberg lettuce leaves
- Garnishes: chopped green onions, chopped peanuts, soy sauce
- 1. Attach food grinder attachment to electric stand mixer according to manufacturer's instructions. Grind chicken with garlic according to manufacturer's instructions using the fine grinding plate.
- 2. Cook chicken mixture in hot oils in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until chicken is done. Stir in green onions, next 3 ingredients, and 1 tablespoon lime juice. Cook 1 minute.
- 3. Grate ginger using the large holes of a box grater. Squeeze juice from grated ginger into a small bowl to equal 1/2 teaspoon; discard solids.
- 4. Stir together ginger juice, chili sauce, 1 teaspoon water, and remaining 1 teaspoon lime juice until blended. Serve chicken mixture on lettuce leaves with ginger-chili sauce. Garnish, if desired.
- *Hot chili sauce may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes