These are really good with a few additions. I think the recipe itself is missing something. I added more soy (and definitely use low sodium; the first time I used regular and it was way too salty). I also added some of the sweet chili sauce to the ground chicken, plus more sesame oil, garlic powder, carrots and cayenne. With those additions, yum!
Ground Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- KITCHENAID Electric Stand Mixer
- KITCHENAID Food Grinder Attachment
- 1 pound skinned and boned chicken breasts, cut into long, narrow strips
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 4 teaspoons lite soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 4 teaspoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 1 (1-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 1/3 cup sweet chili sauce*
- 8 large iceberg lettuce leaves
- Garnishes: chopped green onions, chopped peanuts, soy sauce
- 1. Attach food grinder attachment to electric stand mixer according to manufacturer's instructions. Grind chicken with garlic according to manufacturer's instructions using the fine grinding plate.
- 2. Cook chicken mixture in hot oils in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until chicken is done. Stir in green onions, next 3 ingredients, and 1 tablespoon lime juice. Cook 1 minute.
- 3. Grate ginger using the large holes of a box grater. Squeeze juice from grated ginger into a small bowl to equal 1/2 teaspoon; discard solids.
- 4. Stir together ginger juice, chili sauce, 1 teaspoon water, and remaining 1 teaspoon lime juice until blended. Serve chicken mixture on lettuce leaves with ginger-chili sauce. Garnish, if desired.
- *Hot chili sauce may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes