Ground Beef-Tomato Sauce
Spoon the desired amount of cooled sauce into heavy-duty zip-top plastic freezer bags; press out the air, and seal. Flatten the bags to freeze them, and they'll stack easily.
This recipe goes with Chimichangas
More From Southern Living
Cool: 10 Minutes
- 3 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 (8-ounce) cans basil, garlic, and oregano tomato sauce
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Cook first 3 ingredients in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, stirring until beef crumbles and is no longer pink; drain. Return beef mixture to Dutch oven.
- Stir in tomato sauces and remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes. Remove from heat, and cool 10 minutes.
- Spoon beef mixture into zip-top plastic freezer bags; seal and freeze up to 2 months.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note