- 3 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 (8-ounce) cans basil, garlic, and oregano tomato sauce
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
How to Make It
Cook first 3 ingredients in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, stirring until beef crumbles and is no longer pink; drain. Return beef mixture to Dutch oven.
Stir in tomato sauces and remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes. Remove from heat, and cool 10 minutes.
Spoon beef mixture into zip-top plastic freezer bags; seal and freeze up to 2 months.