- 1 (3.5-ounce) package pepperoni slices
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (6-ounce) can Italian-style tomato paste
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 (10-ounce) cans refrigerated pizza crusts
How to Make It
Cut pepperoni slices in half, and set aside.
Cook ground beef, onion, and garlic in a large skillet, stirring until beef crumbles; drain.
Stir in tomato paste and next 3 ingredients; cook, stirring often, 5 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in pepperoni and cheeses.
Combine egg and milk, stirring well; set aside.
Unroll pizza crusts; cut each into 4 squares. Spoon 1/3 cup ground beef mixture onto each square, leaving a 1-inch border around edges; brush borders lightly with egg mixture. Fold in half diagonally, and press edges together to seal. Place on lightly greased baking sheets; brush tops of calzones with egg mixture.
Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.