Grits + biscotti=Gritscotti. After baking the logs, gently cut them with a serrated knife for even slices. If you break a few slices, bake them anyway and sprinkle the bits over yogurt at breakfast.
More From Southern Living
Total: 3 Hours
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups instant grits
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon loosely packed orange zest
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened dried cranberries
- Parchment paper
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. Stir together first 4 ingredients. Beat sugar, butter, and zest at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add flour mixture and cranberries, beating just until blended.
- 2. Divide dough into 3 equal portions; shape each into a 12 1/2- x 9-inch slightly flattened log, using lightly floured hands. Place about 2 inches apart on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 30 to 35 minutes or until light brown. Transfer to wire racks; cool 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 300°.
- 3. Cut each log into 1/4- to 1/2-inch-thick slices using a serrated knife. Place on 3 parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- 4. Bake at 300° for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets 10 minutes; transfer cookies, on parchment paper, to wire racks, and cool.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note