Grits-Style Bulgur with Corn-Basil Relish
Photo: Iain Bagwell; Styling: Cindy Barr
For a speedy side dish that's to the table in 20 minutes, serve Grits-Style Bulgur with Corn-Basil Relish.
Yield: Serves 4 (serving size: 2/3 cup bulgur and 1/4 cup corn relish)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 209
- Fat: 5.5g
- Saturated fat: 3.2g
- Sodium: 324mg
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked bulgur
- 2 ounces shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1. Bring water and uncooked bulgur to a boil in a small saucepan. Cover, reduce heat, and cook 8 minutes. Stir in cheese and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- 2. Combine corn kernels, basil, shallots, vinegar, and 1/8 teaspoon salt in a small bowl. Top bulgur mixture with corn mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note