- 1 (10-oz.) package frozen chopped spinach
- 1 cup uncooked regular grits
- 2 (4-oz.) packages feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 cups panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- Vegetable cooking spray
How to Make It
Thaw spinach; drain well, pressing between paper towels.
Prepare grits according to package directions. Stir feta, next 5 ingredients, and spinach into grits. Add freshly ground pepper to taste.
Stir together panko and next 2 ingredients; sprinkle half of mixture into a well greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Pour hot grits mixture into prepared pan. Sprinkle remaining panko mixture over grits. Cover and chill 8 hours.
Invert chilled grits onto a cutting board; cut into 24 squares. Cut each diagonally into 2 triangles. Coat both sides well with cooking spray.
Cook triangles, in batches, on a hot greased griddle or in a nonstick skillet over medium heat 2 minutes on each side or until golden. Place on a wire rack on a baking sheet, and keep warm in a 200° oven up to 30 minutes.