Southern Living DECEMBER 2012
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Peel and devein shrimp.
2. Bring broth and milk to a boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Gradually whisk in grits; return to a boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes or until thickened.
3. Melt 3 Tbsp. butter in a skillet over medium-high heat; add sausage and next 3 ingredients, and sauté 5 minutes. Stir sausage mixture into cooked grits. Spoon 1 rounded tablespoonful grits mixture into each cup of 3 lightly greased 12-cup miniature muffin pans, pressing lightly.
4. Bake at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven. Make an indentation in center of each tart, using back of a spoon. Cool completely in pans on wire racks (about 30 minutes). Remove from pans; place in a 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan.
5. Sprinkle shrimp and okra with Creole seasoning. Melt remaining 1 Tbsp. butter in a skillet over medium-high heat; add shrimp and okra, and sauté 3 to 5 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Thread 1 shrimp and 1 okra slice onto each skewer; place 1 skewer on each tart.
6. Bake at 350° for 8 to 10 minutes or just until warm. Serve immediately.
Go to full version of