Grits and Grillades
More From Southern Living
Other: 3 Hours
- 1 1/2 pounds top round steak (1/2 inch thick), trimmed
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (14 1/2-oz.) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 (10-oz.) package frozen diced onion, red and green bell pepper, and celery, thawed
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- Asiago Cheese Grits
- 1. Place steak between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap, and flatten to 1/4-inch thickness using a rolling pin or flat side of a meat mallet; cut into 2-inch squares.
- 2. Combine flour and Creole seasoning in a large zip-top plastic freezer bag. Add steak; seal bag, and shake to coat.
- 3. Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of steak, and cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until browned; transfer steak to a 4- or 5-qt. lightly greased slow cooker. Repeat procedure with remaining oil and steak. Add tomatoes and next 2 ingredients to slow cooker, and stir.
- 4. Cover and cook on HIGH 3 hours or until steak is tender. Meanwhile, prepare Asiago Cheese Grits. Serve steak mixture over grits.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes