More From Oxmoor House
Total: 2 Hours
- 3 (10 1/2-ounce) cans condensed chicken broth, undiluted
- 1 1/4 cups uncooked quick-cooking grits
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound ground hot pork sausage
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 5 celery ribs with leaves, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Bring broth to a boil in a large saucepan. Stir in grits, and return to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 7 minutes or until grits are thickened, stirring twice. Stir in cheese. Remove from heat.
- Spoon grits into a greased 13" x 9" baking dish. Cover and chill until firm. Unmold onto a large cutting board, sliding knife or spatula under grits to loosen them from dish. Cut grits into 3/4" cubes. Place in a single layer on a large greased rimmed baking sheet or jellyroll pan.
- Bake at 450° for 20 minutes; turn grits, and bake 10 to 12 more minutes or until crisp and browned.
- Meanwhile, cook sausage in a large skillet, stirring until it crumbles and is no longer pink; drain.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add celery, garlic, and onion. Sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Stir together onion mixture, sausage, and grits croutons, tossing gently. Drizzle egg over mixture; add parsley, stirring gently. Spoon dressing loosely into a greased 11" x 7" baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35 to 45 minutes or until browned.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This