Grits Crostini takes a Southern twist where toasted bread is replaced with grits. We top these bite-size appetizers with Caramelized Apples and Onions.
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour, 30 Minutes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups cooked grits, cooled
- Caramelized Apples and Onions
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded fontina cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. Sift together first 4 ingredients into a bowl. Whisk together milk and next 2 ingredients in another bowl; add to flour mixture, stirring just until moistened. Whisk in grits. Spoon into greased 12-cup muffin pans (1 Tbsp. per cup).
- 2. Bake, in batches, at 425° for 12 to 15 minutes or until crostini is golden. Immediately remove from pans to wire racks; cool 30 minutes. Reduce oven to 375°.
- 3. Meanwhile, prepare Caramelized Apples and Onions.
- 4. Place crostini on a baking sheet. Top each with 1 tsp. Caramelized Apples and Onions; sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 375° for 8 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with thyme; serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note