- 4 (1-ounce) slices French bread or other firm white bread, cubed
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 7 cups boiling water, divided
- 3 ounces sun-dried tomatoes, packed without oil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups vertically sliced red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (19-ounce) can cannellini beans or other white beans, drained
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked regular grits
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Cooking spray
- calories 303
- caloriesfromfat 22 %
- fat 7.4 g
- satfat 3.4 g
- monofat 2.9 g
- polyfat 0.9 g
- protein 10.2 g
- carbohydrate 47.2 g
- fiber 5.2 g
- cholesterol 13 mg
- iron 2.5 mg
- sodium 781 mg
- calcium 146 mg
How to Make It
Place bread in a food processor; pulse 10 times or until coarse crumbs measure 1 cup. Combine breadcrumbs, cheese, and parsley in a small bowl; set aside.
Combine 3 cups boiling water and sun-dried tomatoes in a bowl; let stand 10 minutes or until soft. Drain tomatoes over a bowl, reserving 1 cup liquid.
Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, rosemary, crushed red pepper, and garlic; saute 3 minutes. Add tomatoes and reserved 1 cup liquid. Bring to a boil; cook 7 minutes or until most of liquid evaporates. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt, black pepper, and beans.
Preheat oven to 400°.
Combine 4 cups boiling water, 1 teaspoon salt, grits, and butter in a large saucepan. Cook 8 minutes over medium heat, stirring constantly. Pour grits mixture into an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spoon tomato mixture evenly over grits; top with breadcrumb mixture. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until golden.