Grilled Zucchini-Wrapped Shrimp
- 1 pound unpeeled, large fresh shrimp
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 8 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 large zucchini
- Fresh cilantro sprigs (optional)
- Peel shrimp; devein, if desired.
- Combine lime juice, 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, and next 3 ingredients in a heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag, gently squeezing to blend; add shrimp. Seal and chill mixture 15 minutes.
- Remove shrimp from marinade, reserving marinade.
- Bring reserved marinade to a boil in a small saucepan; remove from heat.
- Cut zucchini lengthwise into thin slices with a vegetable peeler. Wrap each shrimp with a zucchini slice, and secure with a wooden pick. Brush rolls with remaining 5 tablespoons vegetable oil.
- Grill rolls, without grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) about 4 minutes.
- Brush with reserved marinade; turn and brush again. Grill 2 more minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Serve hot or at room temperature on a cilantro-lined platter, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers