Love it. Made it with the honey and followed the recipe. Used it as a light main dish served with orzo and a side salad.
Grilled Zucchini with Basil Balsamic Vinaigrette
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 110
- Calories from fat: 78%
- Protein: 2.1g
- Fat: 9.5g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Carbohydrate: 6.2g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sodium: 51mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey or maple syrup
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 yellow or green zucchini (3 lb. total), rinsed, ends trimmed, and cut into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
- Basil sprigs
- Salt and pepper
- 1. In a small bowl, mix chopped basil, vinegar, mustard, honey, and garlic. Whisking, blend in oil.
- 2. Thread zucchini on thin skewers so rounds lie flat and pieces touch. Brush generously with basil vinaigrette.
- 3. Place zucchini on a barbecue grill over a solid bed of medium coals or medium heat on a gas grill (you can hold your hand at grill level only 4 to 5 seconds). Close lid on gas grill. Cook until brown on each side, 5 to 7 minutes total; turn once.
- 4. Push zucchini from skewers onto a platter. Drizzle with remaining vinaigrette. Garnish with basil sprigs. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables