- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey or maple syrup
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 yellow or green zucchini (3 lb. total), rinsed, ends trimmed, and cut into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
- Basil sprigs
- Salt and pepper
- calories 110
- caloriesfromfat 78 %
- protein 2.1 g
- fat 9.5 g
- satfat 1.4 g
- carbohydrate 6.2 g
- fiber 1 g
- sodium 51 mg
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
How to Make It
In a small bowl, mix chopped basil, vinegar, mustard, honey, and garlic. Whisking, blend in oil.
Thread zucchini on thin skewers so rounds lie flat and pieces touch. Brush generously with basil vinaigrette.
Place zucchini on a barbecue grill over a solid bed of medium coals or medium heat on a gas grill (you can hold your hand at grill level only 4 to 5 seconds). Close lid on gas grill. Cook until brown on each side, 5 to 7 minutes total; turn once.
Push zucchini from skewers onto a platter. Drizzle with remaining vinaigrette. Garnish with basil sprigs. Add salt and pepper to taste.