Fabulous! Made the basic recipe with some extra zucchini I had and it was a huge hit with family.
Grilled Zucchini with Sea Salt
For more tender zucchini, leave slices in the pan an extra 1 minute on each side. When the flesh starts to look translucent, the zucchini is done.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 36
- Fat: 2.4g
- Saturated fat: 0.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 1.2g
- Carbohydrate: 3.4g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.4mg
- Sodium: 130mg
- Calcium: 15mg
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 medium zucchini, cut diagonally into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1. Preheat grill pan over medium-high heat. Combine all ingredients in a bowl; toss well to coat. Arrange zucchini in a single layer in pan; grill 4 minutes, turning after 2 minutes.
- PARMIGIANO-CRUMBED: Prepare base recipe. Chop 1 1/2 ounces ciabatta bread. Place bread and 1/2 teaspoon thyme in a food processor; pulse 10 times. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 teaspoons olive oil. Add bread mixture; cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Combine zucchini, bread mixture, and 2 tablespoons grated fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano. Serves 4 CALORIES 94; FAT 5.9g (sat 1.2g); SODIUM 241mg
- CAPRESE "SALSA": Prepare base recipe. Combine 1/3 cup diced tomato, 2 ounces sliced fresh mozzarella cheese, 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil, and 1 minced garlic clove in a bowl. Add 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil and 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar to tomato mixture; stir gently. Divide zucchini evenly among 4 plates. Top zucchini evenly with tomato mixture. Serves 4 CALORIES 106; FAT 8.1g (sat 2.3g); SODIUM 246mg
- MINT GREMOLATA: Prepare base recipe. Combine 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh mint, 1 1/2 tablespoons grated lemon rind, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and 2 minced garlic cloves. Divide zucchini evenly among 4 plates; top evenly with gremolata. Serves 4 CALORIES 72; FAT 5.9g (sat 0.8g); SODIUM 133mg
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note